Saturday, January 26, 2013

FNSI Results

 This was my first time I have joined in FNSI and though I didn't get anything done here on a New Zealand Friday night as I was on a pm shift at work, I done it this morning knowing that somewhere in the world it was still Friday night for some.  

I was hoping to get this Christmas cushion all finished before I showed it, but alas the backing fabric had some marks on it so is being washed at the moment, so put a hold on my sewing for now.  The design is from Dixie Diary BOM which is being held over at Civil War Quilts.  While waiting for my fabric to arrive I thought would try the first block on some other fabric.  It was a simple 12 1/2" block to make.  I have not put the applique star or heart on it as you could do.

I also made some binding to go on a table runner I am just about finished for a swap I am in over at Our Craft Forum, but have to keep that one a secret.


Also here is Snowy on his favorite daytime cushion.  At night he steals the one we have for the cat.







4 comments:

  1. Well done for joining in! I love the block so far and can't wait to see it finished.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely FNSI results there! I love that mine is not the only dog who thinks that all horizontal soft surfaces are their own!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block. Cushions are great testing projects. Snowy looks like a cutie.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your fab comments.